Friday, September 27, 2013

Ignorance is indeed bliss!

                 Its been a while since my last post, but after a lot of thought, I felt I should write about this. Well, its nothing new, just something to debate on. It's about the ignorance people show sometimes towards technology. It's mainly based on what I experienced yesterday This actually may be a short post.
             
                       So, I will start by talking about the place I went yesterday for an interview. The place looked pretty good. It was a media company and I had applied for a research analyst post there. The company was based on internet advertising. Since it was mainly over the internet, their idea was that the people should have some kind of knowledge in technology. As I was going through the technology questions, I realized they were pretty easy and solved it in no time. And then as I was going through the test paper, I overheard other two people, who were also giving the test, asking each other what the answers were. At first , I thought to ignore them, but then one particular question drew my attention. "Android is the product of which company?"
One of them said that he didn't know while the other thought it was Microsoft. I thought that was hilarious, but the conversation after this made me laugh even more as one of the guys mentioned that the other had an Android phone. This wasn't the only case, when I told two other people whom I met that a guy actually wrote Microsoft instead of Google, they were actually confirming with me whether it was correct or not.

                    I come to realize that those not having much of an IT background or those who don't have any interest tend to not follow on the changes in technology. This ignorance indicates that there is still room for improvement even in a city like Mumbai. Well I don't know about others, but I feel that, being graduates, one should be more aware about the different technologies that are regularly used.
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment